The Invisible Way to Align Teeth
We know the name is fairly self-explanatory, we just thought we would spell it out for you. When it comes to straightening teeth, the only option in the past was less than desirable. Unsightly metal brackets and wires plastered to your teeth for a couple years seems almost worse than living with crooked teeth. Thankfully, with advances in modern orthodontics, there’s a solution that doesn’t add insult to injury.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a revolutionary orthodontic system that uses a series of clear aligners to gently apply pressure and shift teeth into their ideal position. Invisalign® is ideal for patients who wish to straighten their teeth quickly and discreetly. Invisalign® can correct a number of alignment issues, including teeth that are:
- Gapped or spaced
- Overbite or underbite
Invisalign® is not ideal for patients who require significant bite alteration, or movement along the vertical axis.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of Invisalign® are many, and range from functional, to cosmetic, to health:
- No more metal mouth – Clear plastic that’s nearly invisible to the naked eye allows your smile to shine through treatment.
- Less pain & discomfort – Smooth plastic is much more comfortable in your mouth than metal brackets and wires.
- Ideal for oral health – Removable trays allow you to maintain optimum oral hygiene through treatment.
- Enjoy your favorite foods – Don’t worry about damaging your braces, just take them out when you eat.
- Straighten on your own time – Although clear plastic aligners are nearly invisible and should be worn at all times (with the exception of eating and cleaning), you can choose to remove them for special events.
What does the process look like?
So you’ve made the right decision to straighten your teeth with Invisalign®, now what? Once your doctor has determined you are a good candidate for the initial consultation, we will proceed to take precise, 3D digital images of your entire mouth (no more messy impressions!). Your images will then be sent off to a lab to have your aligners created.
Every treatment plan will vary slightly, but in general, you will wear each set of aligners for about two weeks before moving to the next set in the series. You’ll need to come back and see your doctor once every six weeks to ensure your treatment is progressing as planned. With average treatment times of only 9-15 months, you’ll be amazed how fast Invisalign® can transform your crooked smile into the straight, beautiful smile of your dreams!
Give Us A Call!
If you’re ready for a modern orthodontic solution that lets your smile shine through treatment, you’ve come to the right place. If you have any questions about Invisalign®, or would like to schedule a consultation with your dentist*, give us a call today!
*Our doctors are general dentists providing orthodontic services.