The Foundation of s Healthy Smile
We know it sounds cliché, but it’s true. Oral hygiene really is the foundation for a healthy smile. Poor oral hygiene is the leading cause of oral diseases like tooth decay and gum disease which eventually result in tooth loss. Our goal is to keep your natural teeth clean and healthy for as long as possible. That’s why we do our best to educate our patients to empower them to take an active role in their oral health, and provide gentle, yet thorough cleanings to remove any plaque or tartar that might cause you problems down the road.
Professional advice is the best advice
- Nutrition – Your diet plays a huge part in your oral health; minimize sugar and highly acidic foods and beverages.
- Brush – You should brush for two minutes at least twice a day, ideally after eating or drinking. Use an electric toothbrush for the most effective clean (we recommend Sonicare®), and don’t forget to reach all the way to the back, and brush the tongue.
- Floss – Flossing is an important step in your oral hygiene routine. You should floss every day, before your nightly brushing to remove plaque between teeth.
- Rinse – Rinsing with mouthwash will kill 99% of germs in your mouth that brushing and flossing cannot.
- Water – When brushing is not an option, rinsing with water after eating or drinking is a great way to minimize plaque and decay.
So, how’s the wife & kids?
Our team truly cares, not only about whether or not you’ve been flossing regularly, but about your overall experience with us, and about you as a person. However, nothing is worse than your hygienist asking you personal questions and expecting you to answer when they’ve got their hands (and tools) in your mouth.
Our hygienists understand this, and will make sure to save the catching up for before and in between cleaning. You may also have experienced a hygienist that, for whatever reason, seems to hate you and takes it out on you with dental floss as a weapon. Don’t worry, our hygienists are incredibly gentle, yet impressively thorough to give you a good deep clean that won’t have you cringing in pain.
Give Us A Call!
If you’re ready to experience the difference that one of the best hygiene teams in Iowa can make for your dental experience, and your oral health, you’ve come to the right place! If you have any questions about oral hygiene or teeth cleanings, or would like to schedule a cleaning appointment, give us a call today!